A pierogi frittata? Why not! Who said you can’t eat pierogi for breakfast? This easily serves 5-6 adults.
- 1 (12 ounce) box of potato cheese pierogi.
- 10 asparagus spears, tough ends snapped off, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 8 large omega-3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, white sharp cheddar, or Gruyere cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
Breakfast Pierogi Fritatta Recipe DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Follow boiling directions on bag by boiling pierogies gently. Remove with a slotted spoon on a plate. Cover and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil and butter in 10 inch diameter non-stick skillet. Add chopped onion, sauté until tender.
4. Add garlic and stir for one minute, do not burn.
5. Add 2-3 tablespoons water and chopped asparagus. Cover to steam. Stir occasionally and cook till tender (5-7 minutes).
6. Whisk eggs, milk, parsley, oregano, chili pepper, salt, and pepper in medium sized bowl. Add 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, white sharp cheddar, or Gruyere cheese to mixture.
7. Add half of egg mixture to skillet. Place pierogies on top and then add remaining egg mixture. Cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes until set.
8. Add Parmesan cheese and bake in oven 15-20 minutes until the egg in the center is firm.
9. Remove and serve with chopped parsley on top as a garnish.